- MEDICAL PROVIDERS
- SENIOR CARE
- CHILD DAY CENTER
- HOURS OF OPERATION
- DIRECTIONS / MAP
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
- CHARITABLE GIVING
- PRIVACY / DISCLAIMER
- CONTACT US
- APPOINTMENT REQUEST
- PATIENT GUIDE
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Health Center Program
NEW Health is licensed by the
of Public Health.
Welcome to North End Waterfront Health!
Thank you for choosing us to be part of your primary healthcare team. We look forward to working with you to make sure you receive the care you need, and support your goals for health and well-being. Our practice provides personalized primary care, preventive and health maintenance care, and access to various specialty services. We also coordinate care for patients with chronic illness, and other complex medical conditions. Your physician-led medical team members all have access to your health history and are available to help you.
Below is a patient guide for how we work:
8:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Tuesday and Thursday
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM Saturday
Main Phone Number: (617) 643-8000
Fax Number: (617) 643-8120
The Call Center schedules appointments; helps answer general questions, and also helps connect you with your medical team members.
Web address: www.northendwaterfronthealth.org
You may request an appointment through the site.
• NEWH is located at 332 Hanover Street, Boston MA 02113
• Accessible by public transportation, the MBTA: Green, Blue or Orange Line, Haymarket T-stop.
• Street parking is available and at Parcel 7 Garage, 92 Sudbury Street
• Directions are available on NEWH website www.northendwaterfronthealth.org
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT
• If you have an emergency illness or symptom that requires immediate, urgent attention, call 911.
• If you would like to speak to a nurse about your symptoms please call the main number (617) 643-8000.
• If you need an appointment for illness or symptom call (617)643-8000. We will try to offer you a same day appointment or an appointment within 24 hours.
• If you need a check-up or a routine follow-up visit, please call the main number (617) 643-8000 and a Call Center Staff Person will assist you.
We participate in most insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid/Mass Health, and the MA Commonwealth Health Plans. Be sure to check with us to confirm that we accept your insurance before making an appointment.
We offer a sliding fee scale for those who do not have insurance and meet federal income guidelines.
Please be prepared to pay (or co-pay) for services at the time of your appointment. We accept check, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress and cash.
If you have questions or want to discuss payment or your bill, please call the Billing Department at (617)643-8050.
FOR EVERY APPOINTMENT, PLEASE BRING:
• Your insurance card.
• Photo ID
• A list of your current prescription and non-prescription medications, vitamins and supplements.
• A good description of the problem, how long you have had it and how it affects you.
• A list of questions you would like to discuss with a member of the team.
If you would like to speak with a clinician to help you decide how to treat an illness after hours or to help you decide whether to go to the emergency room, call 617-643-8000. You will be connected to the After-Hours Answering Service. The Service will contact the physician on-call who can access your medical record. He or she will return your call within the hour.
If you receive care at an emergency room or urgent care center, please let us know by calling your care team nurse within 48 hours so we can assist with follow-up care as needed.
LABORATORY AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
• We draw blood at the Health Center and send it to Massachusetts General Hospital, MGH Laboratory for analysis.
• Results will be mailed to you in two to three weeks. If you have not received your results within four weeks, please call the office. If your results indicate immediate follow-up care is needed, you will be notified by telephone as soon as the results are available.
• Most routine radiology tests are done at the Health Center.
• We will refer you to MGH for other diagnostic tests
• We will arrange the referral and scheduling with you.
• The Practice is accessible by wheelchair.
• People with limited sight and hearing should bring a companion to ensure clear communication.
• Please let us know if you need to receive your care in a different language, interpreter services can be arranged.
• Feel free to bring along a family member, friend or health advocate to your appointment for assistance in understanding or remembering the doctor’s instructions and give us permission to have your medical condition discussed in their presence.
• Please provide us with your pharmacy name and phone number.
• Refills of existing prescriptions are handled by calling the Prescription Line, 1-617-643-8111.
• If you have questions about a new prescription or about discontinuing medication(s), please call your Care Team nurse. He/She will help you decide if you should come back in for a visit to discuss your prescription.
• Our partner pharmacy is at the Green Cross Pharmacy: 393 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02113 (phone) 617-227-3728